Joe Stilwell is a life-long athlete who has dedicated his career to helping others achieve their health and fitness goals. While playing university level volleyball, Joe earned degrees for both personal training and kinesiology. His dream of opening a water-based training facility was born out of a thesis he wrote involving jump training at Dalhousie University. Upon graduating, he chose to pursue a career in fitness, and for the past three and a half years worked as a personal trainer through Focus Personal Fitness, where he acquired the skills necessary to turn his dream into reality.
Experience and Credentials
- Completion of a B. Sc. Kinesiology from Dalhousie University
- Certified Kinesiologist with the Ontario Kinesiologist Association
- Completion of a Fitness and Health Diploma from Loyalist College
- Thirteen years playing competitive Volleyball
- Two Provincial Championships in Volleyball
- National Silver and Bronze Medals in Volleyball
- Developed and carried out a 12 week plyometric training program to help increase vertical jump.