H

News

Biomechanical Alterations During Aquatic Treadmill Running

Running has become one of the most popular recreational sports with many runners suffering an injury at some point in their lives. Water running, and more specifically aquatic treadmill (ATM) running, has become increasingly popular as part of the rehabilitation of injuries and as a means of cross-training. The water provides unique characteristics as there …

continue reading...

5 WAYS HYDRATHLETICS AQUATIC THERAPY DIFFERS FROM YOUR COMMUNITY POOL

The buoyancy and density of water allows us to do things in the pool earlier than on land. And while we agree your local pool can be a beneficial form of aquatic therapy for some injuries and cross-training goals, there are limitations. Here are five reasons that may change your mind about choosing Hydrathletics Aquatic …

continue reading...

Webinar: The Use of Water Immersion for Recovery

First, it is important to define “recovery” for this webinar’s purposes. According to Nick, recovery equals performance recovery, not joint recovery which is focused on optimizing the individuals’ response to exercise. Many experts will state that 90% of recovery comes from: Nutrition Rehydration Sleep That leaves only 10% of recovery up to other modalities, such …

continue reading...

Ottawa Location – NOW OPEN!

Hydrathletics is proud to announce the opening of our brand new facility located in Stittsville, ON to provide the community with advanced aquatic therapy, physiotherapy and massage therapy, as of March 14th, 2016. Hydrathletics is an aquatic therapy facility with locations in both Kingston, ON and now Stittsville, ON. As the first company to provide public

continue reading...

Owner Joe Stilwell Awarded Young Entrepreneur of the Year

Thursday, November 5th, 2015 the Kingston Chamber of Commerce held its annual Business Achievement Awards where local businesses and business people are recognized for their contribution to the Kingston community. The nominees are judged on their business acumen, community involvement and charitable work. We are proud to share that Hydrathletics Inc. owner and founder Joe …

continue reading...