Owner Joe Stilwell Awarded Young Entrepreneur of the Year
Thursday, November 5th, 2015 the Kingston Chamber of Commerce held its annual Business Achievement Awards where local businesses and business people are recognized for their contribution to the Kingston community. The nominees are judged on their business acumen, community involvement and charitable work.
We are proud to share that Hydrathletics Inc. owner and founder Joe Stilwell was awarded the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. He was both humbled and honoured to receive such a prestigious award. His fellow award recipients were:
- Sustainability Award (sponsored by Union Gas Ltd): St. Lawrence College – Footprint
- Tourism/Hospitality Award (sponsored by Tourism Kingston, a division of KEDCO): The Haunted Walk Kingston
- New Business of the Year (sponsored by Wilkinson & Company LLP): Coffee Trends
- Small Business of the Year (sponsored by OLG): Response I.T.
- Medium Business of the Year (sponsored by Investors Group Financial Services Inc.): Landmark Cinemas
- Large Business of the Year (sponsored by TVCOGECO): Costco
- Business Person of the Year (sponsored by Four Points by Sheraton): Bonnie Golomb, Editor Profile Kingston, CEO Pita Pit.
- Chair’s Award (sponsored by Empire Life): Dean Byrnes, Eikon Device Inc.
Thank you to the Chamber and everyone who supported Joe! We look forward to being a part of the 2016 awards ceremony.
Joe Stilwell is a life-long athlete who has dedicated his career to helping others achieve their health and fitness goals. While playing university level volleyball, Joe earned degrees for both personal training and kinesiology. His dream of opening a water-based training facility was born out of a thesis he wrote involving jump training at Dalhousie University. Upon graduating, he chose to pursue a career in fitness, and for the past three and a half years worked as a personal trainer through Focus Personal Fitness, where he acquired the skills necessary to turn his dream into reality.